Julian Herranz
Spain
Local time: 18:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 20, 2017

Hi!

Newby here, so not sure this is the right section for my question :/

I have noticed that I can't apply to certain restricted jobs.

Thing is, I seem to fulfil all restrictions that the "outsourcer" has indicated (native speaker and freelancer).

Any idea why I still can't apply? I am typing below the information exactly as I am seeing it.

Thanks!

"The outsourcer has chosen to restrict quoting this job to those who:<
... See more
Hi!

Newby here, so not sure this is the right section for my question :/

I have noticed that I can't apply to certain restricted jobs.

Thing is, I seem to fulfil all restrictions that the "outsourcer" has indicated (native speaker and freelancer).

Any idea why I still can't apply? I am typing below the information exactly as I am seeing it.

Thanks!

"The outsourcer has chosen to restrict quoting this job to those who:
...are native speakers of the target languages (You have reported that you are.)
...are freelancers (You are).

The information you have declared in your profile does not match the necessary criteria set by the oursourcer for quoting this job"
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:17
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Please supply a link to the job posting where you see that Aug 22, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Could you please submit a support request and include a link to the job posting where you see that notice? You can submit a support request from the Support Center: http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit

That information will help me look into this, and determine why you see
... See more
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Could you please submit a support request and include a link to the job posting where you see that notice? You can submit a support request from the Support Center: http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit

That information will help me look into this, and determine why you see that message. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Member-only? Aug 22, 2017

The "restricted Job" pane also contains the following notice at the very top:

This job is restricted to ProZ.com members.
Members-only until: Date and time

I think that when you're not a "Member", you are only entitled to send a quote after a number of days or hours, ie after members have quoted.

Some jobs may also specifically ban non-members from quoting.

Philippe

[Edited at 2017-08-22 17:04 GMT]

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Explanation Aug 22, 2017

As Philippe Etienne indicates, the nature of the restriction is always shown. For "member", it means paying member. After a certain time, non members can quote for the job, if the job has not been allocated already.

[Edited at 2017-08-22 18:09 GMT]

Julian Herranz
Julian Herranz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just submitted support request Aug 22, 2017

Alejandro Cavalitto wrote:

Hello,

That information will help me look into this, and determine why you see that message. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Hello Alejandro,

Thank you for your suggestion, I just submitted a support request attaching a screenshot (link is no longer valid).

I applied after eight hours since I am not a member, but still could not submit my application.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't I Apply to Restricted Jobs

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »