Thread poster: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:48
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 13, 2022

Our place is small and friendly. We're in a tiny village near Ronda in the mountains of Andalusia (Serranía de Ronda). It is totally peaceful here. No problem with children, I'm a grandfather with 3 grown daughters and a growing granddaughter of my own. We have two dogs. See my profile and web site for more info.
I work fulltime from home as a content writer and linguist. We speak English, Spanish, Italian and German but for now the only word I know in Ukrainian is...
Vitaû
... See more
Our place is small and friendly. We're in a tiny village near Ronda in the mountains of Andalusia (Serranía de Ronda). It is totally peaceful here. No problem with children, I'm a grandfather with 3 grown daughters and a growing granddaughter of my own. We have two dogs. See my profile and web site for more info.
I work fulltime from home as a content writer and linguist. We speak English, Spanish, Italian and German but for now the only word I know in Ukrainian is...
Vitaû
Welome

[Edited at 2022-03-13 17:04 GMT]
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio
Tretyak
Tom in London
expressisverbis
Baran Keki
texjax DDS PhD
Jan Truper

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:48
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Check this out Mar 13, 2022

That is so generous of you! I just read an article about this topic and the following website might help:
https://www.ukrainetakeshelter.com/
... See more
That is so generous of you! I just read an article about this topic and the following website might help:
https://www.ukrainetakeshelter.com/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/03/10/teens-website-ukrainian-refugee-housing/

My heart goes out to all those affected by this cruel, senseless, horrible war.

[Edited at 2022-03-13 19:47 GMT]
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:48
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just called a family in Romania Mar 13, 2022

Really cool people, incredibly positive as they're in tents in winter in Romania.
Five of them including a MA boxer like me. Too many for my place but we're sorting them out with a house in town.
Help out if you can.

[Edited at 2022-03-13 19:31 GMT]

expressisverbis
texjax DDS PhD
P.L.F. Persio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spare double room available for refugees in Spain

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »