Have any of you experienced a delay in receiving emails from the site?
Thread poster: Sara Senft
Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 13, 2009

Recently--as in a period of several weeks---I have noticed that nearly all of the emails I receive from this site are delayed. A delay of forty minutes or longer is typical.

I doubt this is an issue with my email provider because most of the messages I receive are on time.

Have any of you experienced something like this recently?

RichardDeegan
RichardDeegan
Local time: 06:22
Spanish to English
Yes. last few weeks Oct 14, 2009

Regular mails seem to be delayed at least an hour, most Kudoz between 10-28 hours and job postings (not that there are many attractive ones) seem to have ended; I receive about one in eight for which I'm qualified and where no price is specified (or price is within limits).

Quamrul Islam
Quamrul Islam  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:22
Member (2009)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Yes, I am also experiencing the same problem! Oct 14, 2009

Thanks Sara, for raising the issue.
I am also experiencing the same problem for the past few days, and in my case the delay is more than 2/3 hours. What is even worse, I am completely missing some email notifications. The situation has prevented me from answering a good number of Kudoz questions, and also from bidding a few job offers. Let's hope that whatever the technical reason, the problem would be over very soon for the greater interest of the users and members of Proz.com.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:22
SITE FOUNDER
Will investigate Oct 14, 2009

Thanks for this report. We'll investigate.

Matt Petrowski
Matt Petrowski
United States
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Issues delivering to Yahoo! accounts Oct 14, 2009

Recently, we have had some trouble sending mail to users with Yahoo! email accounts. The messages are often delayed, and some of them seem to never end up being delivered at all. I have contacted Yahoo! about the issues, and will be working with them to get the problem resolved as soon as possible.

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:22
German to English
+ ...
Any news on this issue? Nov 30, 2009

Would it be possible to have a current update from staff on this issue, please? I am still experiencing the same problems, i.e. a large number of emails never received at all and others delayed, but some received as normal, making use of the site rather awkward at times.

Thanks in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have any of you experienced a delay in receiving emails from the site?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »