Simone Linke
Simone Linke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:18
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 30, 2010

This post may also belong to the Proz suggestion category. Please, move if needed.

Yesterday, I left a BlueBoard entry that contained quotes (" "). As usual, the entry had to be submitted for vetting before being allowed to appear on the site.
When it appeared this morning, my entry was cut off right after the first quotes. It ended right in the middle of a sentence.

This makes me wonder: what is the vetting process for? Do you read the entries at all? If they're
... See more
This post may also belong to the Proz suggestion category. Please, move if needed.

Yesterday, I left a BlueBoard entry that contained quotes (" "). As usual, the entry had to be submitted for vetting before being allowed to appear on the site.
When it appeared this morning, my entry was cut off right after the first quotes. It ended right in the middle of a sentence.

This makes me wonder: what is the vetting process for? Do you read the entries at all? If they're published to the site automatically anyway, then the vetting seems redundant?

I've submitted the entry for vetting yet again.

Please, have a look at your submission process and make sure that entries are published exactly the same way they have been submitted.

I've also noticed many empty BlueBoard entries - maybe the same thing happened there as well?
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A comment is not compulsory Dec 30, 2010

Simone Linke wrote:
This makes me wonder: what is the vetting process for? Do you read the entries at all? If they're published to the site automatically anyway, then the vetting seems redundant?

To me this looks like a bug, and the vetting was probably done correctly.

Simone Linke wrote:
I've also noticed many empty BlueBoard entries - maybe the same thing happened there as well?

Leaving a comment is not compulsory.

Simone Linke
Simone Linke  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ah ok Dec 30, 2010

Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure about the comments.. I just found it odd that many people would leave bad ratings without any comments.. :-/

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It makes sense Dec 30, 2010

Simone Linke wrote:
Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure about the comments.. I just found it odd that many people would leave bad ratings without any comments.. :-/

The number just indicares your likeness of working for the company again. Some people feel that they could have trouble with the outsourcers for posting negative comments, whereas the likeness of working again just shows your desire to work for the company again, and I reckon nobody can sue you for that, huh?

As for comments, when I make a negative comment I make sure everything I say is true and can be confirmed with documents in an eventual court situation. No subjective comments.

[Edited at 2010-12-30 16:03 GMT]

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Fear of legal conequences, maybe Dec 31, 2010

Simone Linke wrote:

In some countries, i. e. Italy, the outsourcer is entitled to take legal action against you if you say you have not been paid until it is confirmed before the court. This may sound unbelievable, but there has been a thread some years ago as this happened to a valuable colleague.

So not leaving a comment in such cases is of course fully comprehensible. You can always ask the peer for explanations which will certainly be given to you privately.

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:18
Spanish to English
Oh my teflon memory but... Jan 1, 2011

Why there are no comments with some negative scores. In my case, the only I could get an outsourcer's libel against me removed from the Blue Board was by deleting my own comment. You comment, then the outsourcer is allowed to comment but you are not allowed to answer that.

I'm sure there is no easy way around this, as the slanging match has to stop somewhere, but it is rough when on top of not being paid for two months work, they can also blacken your name.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formatting errors in Blue Board etc.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »