Invoicing tool is not sending invoices
Thread poster: Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Apr 13, 2016

I had this doubt since I started using the invoicing tool that the tool is not sending the invoices. Now it is proven by several agencies. The regular, timely paying clients are not paying their invoices, and when I contact them via email asking for the status of the past due invoices, they are telling me one after another that they never received an invoice.

So the tool is not reliable. Any advice?

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 10:31
SITE FOUNDER
We'll look into it Apr 13, 2016

finnlingo wrote:

I had this doubt since I started using the invoicing tool that the tool is not sending the invoices. Now it is proven by several agencies. The regular, timely paying clients are not paying their invoices, and when I contact them via email asking for the status of the past due invoices, they are telling me one after another that they never received an invoice.

So the tool is not reliable. Any advice?

We'll check it out, finnlingo.

Anyone else notice this?

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:31
Dutch to English
Blacklisted Apr 13, 2016

One client of mine doesn't get my proz invoices because proz is blacklisted. I have also noticed that where my own email address used to be in the 'from' field of my proz invoices, it's now '[email protected]'. That would probably help to get invoices sent straight to a spam box.

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Blaclisted by whom? Apr 13, 2016

The server?

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:31
Dutch to English
By their mail host Apr 13, 2016

I believe their hosting service. As far as I understand, it was not blacklisted deliberately, but automatically, and for some reason they have no inclination t de-blacklist it. But as I said, have you asked them to check their spam? Those invoices may well end up there.

[Edited at 2016-04-13 12:53 GMT]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 10:31
SITE STAFF
How to make sure clients receive your invoices Apr 13, 2016

Hi finnlingo,

The ProZ.com server logs show that your invoice emails are being successfully delivered to the recipients' email servers. If the recipients aren't receiving them, the messages may be getting incorrectly blocked as spam, as Olly suggested.

If you are not doing so already, I recommend that when you send your invoice email you tick the checkbox labeled "Request delivery confirmation / read receipt". If you don't receive the delivery confirmation within a few
... See more
Hi finnlingo,

The ProZ.com server logs show that your invoice emails are being successfully delivered to the recipients' email servers. If the recipients aren't receiving them, the messages may be getting incorrectly blocked as spam, as Olly suggested.

If you are not doing so already, I recommend that when you send your invoice email you tick the checkbox labeled "Request delivery confirmation / read receipt". If you don't receive the delivery confirmation within a few days, you could follow up with your client to make sure they received it.

If your client tells you they didn't receive the email, you could ask them to check their junk mail folder to see if it was mistakenly blocked as spam. You could also ask clients to add "[email protected]" to their address book, to help ensure those messages don't get blocked.

Olly is right that the "From" email address is now set to "[email protected]" instead of your own email address, though it still shows your own name (something like this: "From: Jason Grimes via ProZ.com"). The "Reply-To" email address is set to your own email address though, so if the client clicks "reply" it will be sent directly to you. (This approach actually helps ProZ.com avoid being added to spam blocklists, by not "forging" the From email address to be from someone other than ProZ.com, which looks suspicious to many mail servers.)

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason
Collapse

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but not viable for me to keep track whether the client receives the invoice or not Apr 13, 2016

I understand my invoice volumes are probably not suitable for Proz.com´s translation tool. I have no capacity to check whether the client received an invoice or not. I always check the box where I want the copy of the invoice and so far have not received one. At the moment I have over 100 open invoices on your system. If anybody knows a company who can take care of the collections and invoicing and charge commission, please give me a shout!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »