Can non-language-related credentials be certified?
Thread poster: Rebecca Ballien
Rebecca Ballien
Rebecca Ballien
United States
Local time: 16:42
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Dec 23, 2016

Is it possible to have degrees in fields other than languages be certified and displayed under the "Credentials" section? I asked support, but the answer wasn't quite clear. If not, how is it best to handle posting those degrees on your profile—a note in the About Me section, or something more? Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2016-12-23 13:31 GMT]

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Credentials are related to language or translation Dec 23, 2016

Hi Rebecca,

"Credentials" at ProZ.com are any degrees, certificates, or diplomas that have been awarded based on the successful completion of a translation or language-related exam or coursework. Site staff can therefore only verify those credentials which are related to translation or language studies. For more information on this pol
... See more
Hi Rebecca,

"Credentials" at ProZ.com are any degrees, certificates, or diplomas that have been awarded based on the successful completion of a translation or language-related exam or coursework. Site staff can therefore only verify those credentials which are related to translation or language studies. For more information on this policy, please see: http://www.proz.com/faq/profiles.html#credentials

Any degrees that you have in a field of study other than language or translation should of course be mentioned elsewhere in your profile (in your "About me", your tagline, or a custom tab), but should be omitted from the "Credentials" section.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can non-language-related credentials be certified?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »