Bajram Djambazi
Bajram Djambazi
United States
Local time: 02:51
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jan 27, 2023

Hello, everyone.

I just double checked my notifications set up, and they seem to be correct to me. I am unsure of why I no longer receive email notifications to answer questions.

This issue has been going on for just about one year.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Bajram

expressisverbis

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Bajram Jan 29, 2023

It would be better to submit a support request at https://go.proz.com/help

expressisverbis
Yolanda Broad
Bajram Djambazi

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 08:51
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
This is happening to many members Jan 30, 2023

This is happening to many members.
With me, I don't receive notifications from colleagues who give me agrees, disagrees or neutral, and neither do the entries in the discussion board.
I have already submited a support request, but the staff tells me that everything is okay on their side. I doubt it, because there is already too many members complaning about it.
I'm still struggling to find a way out and solve this myself...

Baran Keki
Michele Fauble
Christel Zipfel

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Issues Jan 30, 2023

There seems to be more than one issue. Some time ago I received an e-mail stating that I received a personal message, I suppose from a potential client. But when I looked at my messages on Proz there was nothing to see.

I even had a short conversation with a Proz member (months ago) in which I received a message through Proz, but again I couldn't find it anywhere. So I replied through Proz by creating a new message, and that sent message also isn't anywhere to be found. Weird.

expressisverbis

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
I haven't received anything since 26 January Jan 30, 2023

I have not been sent any Kudoz or Forum notifications since 26 January, and it seems I'm not the only one.

Support just fobbed me off, claiming everything is being sent, pointing me to the email notification log.

I'm not using any spam filter, and my web hosting company found everything in order, so I had to insist with support.

expressisverbis
Baran Keki
Rama Bhave

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
More... Jan 30, 2023

Me too, I have done until now everything in my power to get this fixed, including posting a thread here and sending a request support.

https://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/360248-stopped_receiving_any_notification_from_the_site.html

I think one of the goals of Proz is to keep paying and non-paying users using t
... See more
Me too, I have done until now everything in my power to get this fixed, including posting a thread here and sending a request support.

https://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/360248-stopped_receiving_any_notification_from_the_site.html

I think one of the goals of Proz is to keep paying and non-paying users using the site.
If this starts happening with too many members - which seems to be happening already - the result will be a lack of interest from many in the website.
I hope something will be done for everyone's sake.
Collapse

Baran Keki
Christel Zipfel

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Support Jan 30, 2023

Support is looking at it now after I gave them a flood of technical information.

expressisverbis

Helena Chavarria
Helena Chavarria  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you Jan 30, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Support is looking at it now after I gave them a flood of technical information.

At first I didn't receive any notifications regarding my answers to questions (agree, disagree and neutral). Then I stopped receiving notifications related to my comments in the reference box, and now the same thing's happened with my comments here.

I don't know about work offers as there's no way I can check.

expressisverbis
Rama Bhave

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Notification history Jan 30, 2023

Helena Chavarria wrote:

I don't know about work offers as there's no way I can check.

Support said that paying members can check their notification history at https://archive.proz.com/?sp=mail_monitor .

It doesn't include forum notifications, though.

I get neither job notifications, Kudoz notifications nor forum notifications and certainly not the notifications they list at that page after 26 January, except for support notifications.

expressisverbis

geopiet
geopiet  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
KudoZ Daily Digest Jan 31, 2023

I've realized I'm not getting any of these notifications only yesterday, but it must have stopped a few days ago

All I'm getting now is this "brief summary of the questions that have been asked today, as well as a short listing of any answers to these questions so far today" ....

expressisverbis

Ana Vozone
Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same here :( Jan 31, 2023

I have been having the same problem in the last two weeks, and the strangest thing is I do get some notifications. I contacted Proz Support and was told ..."I have checked your mail monitor and discovered that notifications to your email account have been leaving ProZ.com servers, http://www.proz.com/?sp=mail_monitor "

Very upsetting...

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same answer, same problem... Jan 31, 2023

Ana Vozone wrote:

I have been having the same problem in the last two weeks, and the strangest thing is I do get some notifications. I contacted Proz Support and was told ..."I have checked your mail monitor and discovered that notifications to your email account have been leaving ProZ.com servers, http://www.proz.com/?sp=mail_monitor "

Very upsetting...

It seems everyone is getting the same answer, and the truth is that more members are having the same problem.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Update Jan 31, 2023

Now, I don't get any notification at all. The last one was sent yesterday as reminder to renew my membership... I wonder if it is really worth it.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Update from support Jan 31, 2023

Support: 'The root issue has been addressed, and a few late notifications may arrive as this is normalized.'

I'm receiving my missing notifications now.

Jennifer Levey

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Likewise... Jan 31, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Support: 'The root issue has been addressed, and a few late notifications may arrive as this is normalized.'

I'm receiving my missing notifications now.

Half-a-dozen notifications have reached me in the past couple of hours - mostly concerning forum posts dating from a week or more ago.
JL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No longer receiving email notifications for kudoz questions

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »