Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Issues with ProZ.com email alerts (Staff: working on a fix)
Thread poster: TargamaT team
TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:42
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 2

Happy New year!

For a while now, Proz.com is suffering from important functioning issues and they become problems as they are not resolved...

1. Issues in not sending Kudoz question correctly and timely; I receive question of end november periode in end december...
2. Issues in not sending jobs correctly and timely;
... See more
Happy New year!

For a while now, Proz.com is suffering from important functioning issues and they become problems as they are not resolved...

1. Issues in not sending Kudoz question correctly and timely; I receive question of end november periode in end december...
2. Issues in not sending jobs correctly and timely; For example, I received this job (https://www.proz.com/job/2055266) yesterday...
3. Issues in not not filtering crawling tools from human visitors. Many "Direct Link/Unknown" visits to my profile from USA or China, they are not humans IMHO...
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Zea_Mays
Angie Garbarino
Michele Fauble
Philip Lees
expressisverbis
SandraV

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:42
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Happy new year to you too! Jan 2

This has been discussed over and over again, staff say they have solved the problem, things seem fine for a while and then after a short time things go awry again…

Zea_Mays
Angie Garbarino
Michele Fauble
Philip Lees
expressisverbis
SandraV

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
This night I dreamed... Jan 2

about a completely new ProZ site, well functioning and with a nice design. LOL

Happy New Year to all here too!

Philip Lees
expressisverbis

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
A dream we all have... Jan 2

Hello everyone,

The two first issues you describe, TargamaT team, are two well-known issues with email notifications or email alerts. Since developers are fixing this, and systems are catching up, it is possible that members receive some old alerts that got stuck when the issue started. Hopefully, once the issue is 100% fixed and things get back to normal, only new, up-to date alerts are sent. Apologies for the inconveniences this may have cause you.

As for the third is
... See more
Hello everyone,

The two first issues you describe, TargamaT team, are two well-known issues with email notifications or email alerts. Since developers are fixing this, and systems are catching up, it is possible that members receive some old alerts that got stuck when the issue started. Hopefully, once the issue is 100% fixed and things get back to normal, only new, up-to date alerts are sent. Apologies for the inconveniences this may have cause you.

As for the third issue, I just checked and the visits you received from USA and China are actual visits. One of them, for example, seems to be from a potential client searching the directory. Another one comes from someone searching for terminology.

If you are interested in viewing more information about visits to you profile and having access to profile analytics, you may want to consider upgrading to Plus, https://www.proz.com/profile_visitors

Thanks for your patience while we continue working on email alerts --also thanks Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida and Zea_Mays!

And Happy New Year!

Lucia
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
TargamaT Team Jan 2

Was your other issue solved?

https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/364210-scam_alert.html

We never heard back from you...

expressisverbis

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
regarding issue #3 Jan 2

As said in the thread about abnormal visitors counts, indexing bots are sometimes counted on the wrong tab in profiles.
The system is counting some crawlers/spiders (search engine indexing bots) wrongly. It is quite some time that this happens, I often see crawlers counted as visitors.
Most of them are recognisable by the large number of pages they visit - right now I have one with 3190 visits at once, while "203 Visitors in the past 30 days". On the Visitors tab only actual visitor
... See more
As said in the thread about abnormal visitors counts, indexing bots are sometimes counted on the wrong tab in profiles.
The system is counting some crawlers/spiders (search engine indexing bots) wrongly. It is quite some time that this happens, I often see crawlers counted as visitors.
Most of them are recognisable by the large number of pages they visit - right now I have one with 3190 visits at once, while "203 Visitors in the past 30 days". On the Visitors tab only actual visitors should be counted instead.
Collapse

TargamaT team

TargamaT team
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I believe yes :-) Jan 2

Barbara Carrara wrote:

Was your other issue solved?

https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/364210-scam_alert.html

We never heard back from you...

I believe the issue was resolved as the Support worked on it...

TargamaT team
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another issue in Kudoz Jan 2

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello everyone,

Lucia

Thank you!

Hello Lucia,

By the way, another issue in Kudoz, I also do not receive an alert when my answer is selected as the best answer... I noticed that in seeing my Kudoz points going up and up without receiving alerts from Kudoz...

Michele Fauble
expressisverbis

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks! Will check with devs Jan 3

TargamaT team wrote:

Hello Lucia,

By the way, another issue in Kudoz, I also do not receive an alert when my answer is selected as the best answer... I noticed that in seeing my Kudoz points going up and up without receiving alerts from Kudoz...

Thanks for the heads-up about this one, TargamaT. I have not seen any previous reports about this alert type, but I'm pretty sure it's related to the overall issue with email alerts. I'll check with developers though. Thanks again!

Lucia

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
@Lucia Jan 3

Please also fix the wrong counting on profiles, perhaps bot names have to be updated.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
You must be a very confident person :-) Jan 3

TargamaT team wrote:

I believe the issue was resolved as the Support worked on it...

Actually, the support has been working on many different issues the last months which still are far from being resolved, and there are continuously new ones.

Michele Fauble
Barbara Carrara
expressisverbis

TargamaT team
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ.com as "a service" Jan 7

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up about this one, TargamaT. I have not seen any previous reports about this alert type, but I'm pretty sure it's related to the overall issue with email alerts. I'll check with developers though. Thanks again!

Lucia

Honestly, we put all our business in ProZ and you do have not to wait until we flag/highlight major and continuous issues to start to resolve them. I am an IT Manager and if I do that my company will fire me immediately.

I understand that ProZ.com has become a "Gogol Overcoat" because of batches over years, but I believe that your management should take The Next Step in designing a new platform suitable for the 21st century's devices and technologies.

expressisverbis
Zea_Mays
Michele Fauble

TargamaT team
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New bug... Jan 23

When I click on a link (Generally in Kudoz but I see it elsewhere) I have this message in red:

Something went wrong...
KudoZ term not found.

« Return to list

I need to go back and click again on the link to enter...

[Edited at 2024-01-23 16:48 GMT]

Zea_Mays
Barbara Carrara

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Having the same issue, among others Jan 23

TargamaT team wrote:

When I click on a link (Generally in Kudoz but I see it elsewhere) I have this message in red:

Something went wrong...
KudoZ term not found.

« Return to list

I've had the same issue you describe, among others, for the last couple of days, and in fact earlier this afternoon I posted a new alert in this other thread,

https://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/365302-i_am_so_sick_of_all_these_bugs_staff_apology_and_update_on_the_software_upgrade_process.html

Have yet to contact support about it, though.

Not keeping my hopes up about ProZ managing to handle, let alone fix, all these bugs.

Christel Zipfel

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
same problem Jan 23

[quote]Barbara Carrara wrote:

TargamaT team wrote:

Something went wrong...
KudoZ term not found.

« Return to list

Also I cannot see some fora since 18 January. This one is visible tough

Christel Zipfel

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues with ProZ.com email alerts (Staff: working on a fix)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »