Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Missing email notifications (Staff: Fixed)
Thread poster: Anna Sarah Krämer
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:30
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Barbara Dec 13, 2023

A.O. is still there today...

Barbara Carrara
expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
And in the meantime... Dec 13, 2023

it looks like we're watching the series "Help! My House is Haunted" here on ProZ... comments, threads, posts, discussions on Kudoz's board constantly appear and disappear.

Yasutomo Kanazawa

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Posts late Dec 13, 2023

Another thread mentions that some email notifications now arrive before the posts have been added to the database, so when you click on a link in a notification, you can't see the post or even the topic (if it's the first post).

I didn't know there were so many gremlins in Syracuse.

expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
. Dec 13, 2023

Has Houdini come back from the dead for one final trick?

expressisverbis
Thomas T. Frost
Yasutomo Kanazawa

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Careful Dec 13, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

Has Houdini come back from the dead for one final trick?

Careful you are not censored. My post making fun of the stuck 'featured translator' photo, in which I said that at least the view looked nice, was censored with a lecture that I should start a new topic to stray from the subject. No humour allowed in Syracuse. There must be order (except in their IT systems). I wonder if their time is best spent censoring humorous remarks – but who am I to judge?

Christel Zipfel

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 06:30
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
Ongoing maintenance and stabilizing notifications. Dec 13, 2023

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for the reports, and thank you in advance for keeping this thread on topic.

We are aware of a number of technical issues, most of them related to the same ongoing maintenance update. This update is, as Yana mentioned, a big undertaking which is touching all areas of the site and, while it's meant to improve performance and allow for further improvements to be implemented, releasing the necessary changes has been causing (as you have noticed!) some
... See more
Hi, everyone!

Thanks for the reports, and thank you in advance for keeping this thread on topic.

We are aware of a number of technical issues, most of them related to the same ongoing maintenance update. This update is, as Yana mentioned, a big undertaking which is touching all areas of the site and, while it's meant to improve performance and allow for further improvements to be implemented, releasing the necessary changes has been causing (as you have noticed!) some difficulties.

The systems team believes that they have found the solution to the ongoing notification issues, and they should be normalized shortly. Unfortunately, some of the notifications that weren't sent on time might arrive delayed.

We have taken note of other issues mentioned in this thread and are looking into them. If you notice any new issues, please submit a support request »

Thank you for your patience!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing email notifications (Staff: Fixed)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »