is translation office 3000 becoming some standard
Автор темы: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 05:40
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Nov 4, 2004

HI! Lately I have recd. a mail offering a word count and billing tool called Translation 3000 and after reading that I had this stupid feeling that all translators in Germany are using this and only me is using practiline. Is that true that Translation 3000 is becoming somekind of industry standard in German for counting and invoicing purposes. All tips are welcomed.
Rgds,Brandis
Thank you for the link Marc.

[Edited at 2004-11-04 17:30]

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
немецкий => английский
+ ...
is translation office 3000 becoming some standard Nov 4, 2004

No.

See this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/26280

Marc

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Германия
английский => немецкий
+ ...
No, I don't think so. Nov 4, 2004

I just think that TO3000 is simply a great tool and a lot of translators bought in the past.
I have it myself, and it comes along with Anycount, so why not use it when it's actually there?

Having said that, I wouldn't take Anycount's wordcount at face value unless I have checked it with other tools, such as Word or various macros that are out there. If someone tells you it is a standard, I would simply point them to the door.

I do this with people (i.e., agenci
... See more
I just think that TO3000 is simply a great tool and a lot of translators bought in the past.
I have it myself, and it comes along with Anycount, so why not use it when it's actually there?

Having said that, I wouldn't take Anycount's wordcount at face value unless I have checked it with other tools, such as Word or various macros that are out there. If someone tells you it is a standard, I would simply point them to the door.

I do this with people (i.e., agencies) who want to urge me into buying Trados because it has evolved into some kind of standard.

Kindly,
Sonja
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is translation office 3000 becoming some standard

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »