Thread poster: Eleni Makantani
Sven De Clercq
Sven De Clercq
Belgium
Local time: 14:00
German to Dutch
+ ...
More professional solution Aug 6, 2009

I'm also looking into the problem of sending large files to clients and I am aware that there are services like yousendit.com. However, I do have confidentiality concerns with these services...

I'd like a more professional (looking) solution. I have some clients who ask me to send them an old translation again. The ideal solution for me would be something like a file server, but located on my website. Preferably my client can login and simply download the files I prepared for him.... See more
I'm also looking into the problem of sending large files to clients and I am aware that there are services like yousendit.com. However, I do have confidentiality concerns with these services...

I'd like a more professional (looking) solution. I have some clients who ask me to send them an old translation again. The ideal solution for me would be something like a file server, but located on my website. Preferably my client can login and simply download the files I prepared for him.

Perhaps even the most simple solution would be to make a separate folder for each client and put a password on that folder (and shield it from Google). However, I have no idea to do that!

Any suggestions?
Collapse

Ivan Nekic
Ivan Nekic  Identity Verified
Croatia
German to Croatian
+ ...
www.sendspace.com - you can track and edit the files you upload Aug 6, 2009

I haven't used it for a while, but after a short research I choose www.sendspace.com when I needed it.
They also offer a kind of upload tool, not a real FTP, but very similar.
Speaking about privacy, Samuel already described a good way. You can even password protect e.g. Word files.

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
100 MB? Aug 6, 2009

what kind of e-mail service do you use, that makes problem with only 100 MB/shot ?
I have Aruba (my own domain) and I can send & receive 1 Gb/shot e-mails
alice.it allows me to send & receive 2 Gb/shot e-mails ...

Claudio

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
I use my own ftp server (FIle-Zilla) Aug 7, 2009

I use a File-Zilla server on my own computer and as I have a dynamic IP, I use DynDNS to get a fixed domain name. You can get both, Filezilla and DynDns service, for free.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Send large files solution

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »