Local time: 23:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Late comer but worth reading.... Aug 18, 2005

Pain Redux

"Mind your head!"
"Mind your fingers!"
Warning phrases she'd heard all her life swirled around the chambers of her mind like so many disoriented bats. She felt the weight of her sorrow — a physical, palpable entity, more substantial and real than her grossly bloated body. Layers upon layers of adipose tissue no longer cushioned her from it. Only her doctor had ever said "Mind your heart," never meaning her heart of hearts. A tear left i
... See more
Pain Redux

"Mind your head!"
"Mind your fingers!"
Warning phrases she'd heard all her life swirled around the chambers of her mind like so many disoriented bats. She felt the weight of her sorrow — a physical, palpable entity, more substantial and real than her grossly bloated body. Layers upon layers of adipose tissue no longer cushioned her from it. Only her doctor had ever said "Mind your heart," never meaning her heart of hearts. A tear left its wet trail down her cheek as she spooned the last of the ice cream into her mouth. The gallon bucket was empty. Again.

TexasT
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:52
English to Italian
+ ...
Definitely worth reading! Aug 18, 2005

So beautiful, so sad, so true. Congratulations to the author!

DZ

PS As soon as I read "Mind your fingers!" I was reminded of my 97 year-old grandmother who has always been terrified of her grandchildren's fingers getting squashed in the car doors! She still says it though we are all going on towards 40...

Sandra Alvarez
Sandra Alvarez
Local time: 03:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
congratulations everyone! Aug 19, 2005

(especially Dan)

Now that I'm back in Lisbon I'd like to thank Aurora (again) and everyone for participating, reading and voting.

I truly hope we can do this again.

Cheers

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Coming soon... Aug 19, 2005

Sandra Alvarez wrote:

I truly hope we can do this again.

We will soon have a new Contest in the Literature/Poetry Forum. In the meantime, you can have some rest!

au

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Contest - Prize Award Ceremony

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »