Marzieh Izadi
Marzieh Izadi  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:03
Member (2019)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 28

Do you sometimes feel that your work has been wasted due to improper revision, for example, the reviser deleted many of your translations and re-translated many parts again. Or that s/he made your translation text worse because s/he introduced accuracy and language errors. When your work undergoes revision, do you always have to worry about the reviser’s failure to spot probable mistranslations/significant errors or the introduction of mistranslations/errors? Overall, what has been your experi... See more
Do you sometimes feel that your work has been wasted due to improper revision, for example, the reviser deleted many of your translations and re-translated many parts again. Or that s/he made your translation text worse because s/he introduced accuracy and language errors. When your work undergoes revision, do you always have to worry about the reviser’s failure to spot probable mistranslations/significant errors or the introduction of mistranslations/errors? Overall, what has been your experience with revising your works by other translators?Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:03
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Jan 28

I don’t know how many of my translations are reviewed/edited, with the exception of two agencies which always send changes to be accepted. In the case of these two agencies, I have been working with the same team and we proofread each other’s work. There have been cases where I have just added a comma or deleted blank spaces between words. I must say also that in the process, I have learned a lot. For what I have been reading here about reviewers/editors/proofreaders I have been very lucky! ... See more
I don’t know how many of my translations are reviewed/edited, with the exception of two agencies which always send changes to be accepted. In the case of these two agencies, I have been working with the same team and we proofread each other’s work. There have been cases where I have just added a comma or deleted blank spaces between words. I must say also that in the process, I have learned a lot. For what I have been reading here about reviewers/editors/proofreaders I have been very lucky! Anyway, translation is not an exact science and we all have preferences…Collapse

Marzieh Izadi
Arne Krueger
Walter Landesman
minajapan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Revision

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »