Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 06:02
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 30, 2006

Separate Trados training sessions will be held before and after the Budapest conference.
The trainer will be Jerzy Czopik, a very active Proz.com member, who held similar and very successful Trados training sessions in the regional conferences of Berlin and Edinburgh.

A beginner's course is scheduled for April 28th, Saturday, i.e. the day before the conference, while an advanced course is scheduled for May 1st, Tues
... See more
Separate Trados training sessions will be held before and after the Budapest conference.
The trainer will be Jerzy Czopik, a very active Proz.com member, who held similar and very successful Trados training sessions in the regional conferences of Berlin and Edinburgh.

A beginner's course is scheduled for April 28th, Saturday, i.e. the day before the conference, while an advanced course is scheduled for May 1st, Tuesday, i.e. the day after the conference.

Both sessions will be held in a conference room at Hotel Benczúr (conference site). Sessions will start at 9 am and last until 6 pm.

The number of participants in each session will be limited to 25.

These sessions are not included in the main conference fee.

The cost of Trados training sessions is EUR 120 (in the euro zone) or USD 155 (elsewhere). These are early bird prices valid until February 28th. After March 1st, the price will be EUR 140 / USD 180.
The fee will includes a 3-course lunch with refreshments, as well two coffee breaks with biscuits. All meals will be served at the hotel.

If you have any problem with payment, you can contact leonardo at proz.com.

Registration is now open:

Purchasing a place at the beginners course, April 28th

Description of the beginners course

Purchasing a place at the advanced course, May 1st

Description of the advanced course

CONFERENCE PAGE
Conference powwow page

Accommodation Forum
Fun Events Forum
Conference Program Forum
Deja Vu Training Forum
ATA Exam Forum
Travel Forum

[Módosítva: 2007-01-23 22:29]
Collapse

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Good news... Jan 1, 2007

This is very good news for me. I really hope I can attend and take advantage of these training sessions!

Thanks, Csaba! Keep up the good work!

Bill

Marianne Dahl
Marianne Dahl  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Superb Jan 2, 2007

Thank you Csaba. I'll attend the advanced Trados meeting and will register a.s.a.p.

Marianne

Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora
Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Fine! Jan 8, 2007

I'm thrilled and will try to assist. Trados training is a must. Thanks
Annette

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Great Jan 9, 2007

I would register for the advanced session.
Attila

Sofia Marina Christina Loddo
Sofia Marina Christina Loddo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Good! Jan 11, 2007

I am not sure if I will be able to attend but still this is wonderful news, thanks!

AllisonK (X)
AllisonK (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
count me in! Jan 21, 2007

Hi Jerzy,
I'm very interested in the Trados training session as I was unable to attend the one in Edinburgh.....I am wondering which session I should attend as I started using Trados last fall, and can use it more or less, but still have some problems. I assume I should sign up for the beginners course?
Anyways, I'm glad you guys are doing this in Budapest - thanks! Now I just have to get my act together and book our flights and accommodations!
Allison

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I'd like to invite you to the beginners session Jan 21, 2007

it is intended for people, whe either want to start to use Trados or are using it in rudimentary way.

For the intermediate session you will need to be able to translate Word text and prepared textes in Tageditor without hesitation.

You might also consider attendig both sessions, if you wish.

Kind regards
Jerzy

Leonardo Fus (X)
Leonardo Fus (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Payments Jan 25, 2007

Hi!

Please, if you have any problems paying your place in the Trados Training Sessions, feel free to contact me via email (leonardo at proz.com) or profile message.

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero.
ProZ.com

Aurélie DANIEL
Aurélie DANIEL  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Laptop Feb 11, 2007

I am interested in the advanced session. I am not sure I want to bring my laptop with me for the trip, so before I decide, I'd like to know if I should bring it for the training. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, will the training be more like a lecture, or will it be more like a hands-on training?

Thanks a lot and see you there!

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hands-on training Feb 12, 2007

Dear Aurélie,

Both sessions will be hands-on practical training.

There will be a free and unlimited wireless internet access on April 29th and 30th, maybe even on the 28th.

regards,
Csaba

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Laptop is recommended, but not a must Feb 12, 2007

You might consider sharing a laptop with someone else, but it will still be better to have your own.

I would like to tell you how Trados works by means of showing and letting you play with it, not by telling fairy-tales

Best regards
Jerzy

Rosana Herrero
Rosana Herrero  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TRADOS INSTALLED? Feb 26, 2007

Hello,
one query, do we need to have TRADOS installed in our laptop to be able to participate in the workshop?

Thanks,

Rosana

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Yes, this is stringly advisable Feb 26, 2007

The session will be basing on Trados 2006 or 2007, depending on the changes between them both.

If you have an older version, prior to 7.1, you will not be able to open Word and inx files in Tadeditor. But still you will be able to follow what's going on.

So it is advisable to have either a full version or a test version installed.

Regards
Jerzy

alvanice
alvanice
English to French
+ ...
Trados advanced course Mar 19, 2007

[quote]Csaba Ban wrote:

an advanced course is scheduled for May 1st, Tuesday, i.e. the day after the conference.

Dear Csaba, I'd like to register for Trados advanced course but I can't on May 1st, is there any other session scheduled for those like me who can't make it on Tuesday? Thank you!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Budapest Conference 2007 - Trados training session forum

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »