Warning to translators - Please read this and pass on!
Thread poster: livingword
livingword
livingword
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:35
English
Apr 27, 2011

Hi everyone

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but thought I should at least give it a try to get the information out there.

My name is Kath and I am from livingword (www.livingword.co.uk) - we are a small agency in Northants, with an 0845 number.

We have had several reports of a 'Yellen Byrne' or 'Yellen Burne' placing work, or trying to place work
... See more
Hi everyone

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but thought I should at least give it a try to get the information out there.

My name is Kath and I am from livingword (www.livingword.co.uk) - we are a small agency in Northants, with an 0845 number.

We have had several reports of a 'Yellen Byrne' or 'Yellen Burne' placing work, or trying to place work, with freelance translators over the past two months. These reports are all from freelancers who we have not worked with before, so are unaware of our processes and don't know anyone here personally.

This person has somehow obtained our template Purchase Order with our full company details and is using this to place the work.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY WORK FROM YELLEN BYRNE or indeed anyone who you don't already know from livingword.

If you get any emails supposedly from livingword that you are unsure of, or if you are new to working with us and want to just check, then feel free give us a call on the 0845 number given and ask to speak to Kath so I can verify the job for you, or not, as the case may be.

I would advise that if the email address you are sent the request from is yahoo, or gmail or anywhere else that is clearly a freebie, then that is your first sign that something is not right.

If any of you are prolific on these forums (as I am not) then I would be grateful if you could pass this message on to as many of your translator colleagues and friends as possible to try to avoid anyone falling into this trap.

Thanks for your time, and fingers crossed that nobody else comes across this scam.

Kath Marr
Livingword (The Living Word Language Services Ltd)
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Warning to translators - Please read this and pass on!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »