Nicolas Coyer (X)
Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:41
Spanish to French
+ ...
Nov 16, 2011

Received [email protected]

Enquiry About Your Translation Service !!!

Am Devilla Stankovic from Havana,Florida but am presently in Ireland.

I actually need to make a presentation to some French group on the 5th of January,2012 in Juneau,Alaska.Therefore i need you to translate the presentation to French,so each participants can have a copy and they can follow through.I will also need the work t
... See more

I actually need to make a presentation to some French group on the 5th of January,2012 in Juneau,Alaska.Therefore i need you to translate the presentation to French,so each participants can have a copy and they can follow through.I will also need the work to be delivered by/before Dec 17th,2011.

Let me know your rate and charges for a total of presentation of word.Presentation is attached.

Await your reply.
De villa
+447031893870

On another forum, a Chinese translator reports having received the same request for Chinese, same place, same date.
Collapse

Anastasia Giagopoulou
Anastasia Giagopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:41
Member (2007)
English to Greek
Just received the same email! Nov 16, 2011

Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:40 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Enquiry About Your Service !!!

I actually need to make a presentation to some Greek group on the 5th of January,2012 in Juneau,Alaska.Therefore i need you to translate the presentation to Greek,so each participants can have a copy and they can fol
... See more
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:40 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Enquiry About Your Service !!!

I actually need to make a presentation to some Greek group on the 5th of January,2012 in Juneau,Alaska.Therefore i need you to translate the presentation to Greek,so each participants can have a copy and they can follow through.I will also need the work to be delivered by/before Dec 17th,2011.

Let me know your rate and charges for a total of presentation of word.Presentation is attached.

Await your reply.
De villa
+447031893870

Be careful! I strongly believe that this is one of the many scam offers that try to pay with a void cheque. Do not even bother to respond!
Collapse

Nani Delgado
Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Thanks for warning! Nov 16, 2011

Actually it is a bit old:

http://esl.proz.com/forum/scams/158975-ata_members_beware:_fake_translation_job_linked_to_fraud.html#1336768

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/210029-scam_engr.html... See more
Actually it is a bit old:

http://esl.proz.com/forum/scams/158975-ata_members_beware:_fake_translation_job_linked_to_fraud.html#1336768

http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/210029-scam_engr.html

I have never received any scam e-mail, but it is always good to know that it could happen everytime. By now I think I know all of this by heart, and one could identify them easily just from reading this forum, although... they sound suspicious anyway.
Collapse

Heju Huang
Heju Huang  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:41
English to Chinese
+ ...
Received the same email! 08:33 Nov 16, 2011

I received same thing asking for Chinese translation. I am glad you all posted this message, otherwise I was going to falling into the trap. Thanks.

Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu
Halil Ibrahim Tutuncuoglu "Бёcäטsع Լîfe's cômplicåtعd eñøugh"
Türkiye
Local time: 14:41
Turkish to English
+ ...
he already Nov 16, 2011

Anastasia Giagopoulou wrote:

Am Devilla Stankovic from Havana

states that he is devil.

[Edited at 2011-11-16 14:03 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: duplicate
Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
RE: Havana, Florida Nov 16, 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havana,_Florida

Nicolas Coyer wrote:

I actually need to make a presentation to some French group on the 5th of January,2012 in Juneau,Alaska.Therefore i need you to translate the presentation to French,so each participants can have a copy and they can follow through.I will also need the work to be delivered by/before Dec 17th,2011.

Await your reply.
De villa
+447031893870

On another forum, a Chinese translator reports having received the same request for Chinese, same place, same date.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:41
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
The 4 signs of spam Nov 16, 2011

1. Poor English from someone who claims to be living in an English speaking country.

2. The "I live in...(country) but am presently staying in...(country)".

3. A free email address - though this is not a definite indication of spam.

4. Too much (unnecessary) information rendered.

JH Trads
JH Trads  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Alaska Nov 16, 2011

thanks for the global warning!

Palma CHATONNET MARTON MS, MA Translation
Palma CHATONNET MARTON MS, MA Translation
Hungary
Hungarian to English
+ ...
got the same Nov 16, 2011

Now he changed address:

[email protected]

Naive as I am, I even called him (+447031893870), but he did not really answered well to my questions. After that I started to suspect it was a scam and I found this topic.

potra
potra
United States
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Smells fishy Nov 21, 2011

I also got the same e-mail this morning:

I actually need to make a presentation to some Italian group on the 5th of January,2012 in Juneau,Alaska.Therefore i need you to translate the presentation to Italian,so each participants can have a copy and they can follow through.I will also need the work to be delivered by/before Dec 17th,2011.

Let me know your rate and charges for a total
... See more
I also got the same e-mail this morning:

I actually need to make a presentation to some Italian group on the 5th of January,2012 in Juneau,Alaska.Therefore i need you to translate the presentation to Italian,so each participants can have a copy and they can follow through.I will also need the work to be delivered by/before Dec 17th,2011.

Await your reply.
De villa
+447031893870
Plain LIBYA REVOLUTION.txt
44K View Download Remove
Collapse

Pietro Speciale
Pietro Speciale  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
They also need Italian... Nov 21, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

here is the "Italian version" of this request. I have not looked at the deadlines stated in the other messages, but I don't care too much about it.
This is just to inform you that this person is still looking for some victims...

Bye,
Pietro

I actually need to make a presentation to some Italian group on the 5th of January,2012 in Ju
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

here is the "Italian version" of this request. I have not looked at the deadlines stated in the other messages, but I don't care too much about it.
This is just to inform you that this person is still looking for some victims...

Bye,
Pietro

Await your reply.
De villa
+447031893870
Collapse

chelseaguy (X)
chelseaguy (X)
+447031893870 Scam Nov 30, 2011

I'm glad i found this forum to see this person trying to scam a NYC photographer-
I'm sure it's thru several craigslist posts i had up recently...

I'm a photographer in NYC and got these scam emails from this person:
Engr Anderson Blake
engrandersonb
drrussell1965

-- ________________________________
Hello,

Good day to you.I and my wife with 2kids will be on holiday trip to your city on the 22nd of January and i will
... See more
I'm glad i found this forum to see this person trying to scam a NYC photographer-
I'm sure it's thru several craigslist posts i had up recently...

I'm a photographer in NYC and got these scam emails from this person:
Engr Anderson Blake
engrandersonb
drrussell1965

-- ________________________________
Hello,

Good day to you.I and my wife with 2kids will be on holiday trip to your city on the 22nd of January and i will like to know more info about your service and sessions.

Kindly let me know your charges and details if you offer Family,Children Portraits,outdoor and Studio Session.

And i will like to know your session availability on any of this date 25,26,28 and 29th of Januray 2012 or you can just let me know your own schedule.so that i will book ahead before coming.

Await your reply.
Dr James
+447031893870
Ireland

Thanks so much for your quik response.Am very happy to read about your availability and the session charges,Kindly calculate the total amount for 2 outdoor session(26th and 28th) for the selected date and any additional charges that may incur or you can let me know your own arrangement.

Kindly get back to me with the following details so i can instruct my associate to make half or full advance payment IMMEDIATELY.

1: Your Full Name to be on the payment
2: Your Address and zipcode
3: Your cell phone number

Again I will like to have an idea on printing price for the listed size below:
1-8x10
2-16x20

Await your reply.
Engr Blake
+447031893870
Ireland
Collapse

Confirmed Dec 9, 2011

Got the same email. Engr Blake from Ireland.

I got the same message from Engr Blake Dec 9, 2011

I received the same message from "Engr Blake" and I am in Northern California. He and his family cannot be on both the east and west coasts of the country at the same time.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New scam

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »