Thread poster: Patrycja Sorensen
Patrycja Sorensen
Patrycja Sorensen
United States
Local time: 12:50
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2021

On September 8, 2021 a scammer "Emerald Conde" via ProZ.com requested translating a report on agriculture from English to Polish. Scammer asked about my rates and did everything to ensure that the case does not look like a scam. Although when it came to payment, he issued paycheck in amount of nearly 5000 USD [which is more than double compared to agreed price] and requested to " deposit the check and as soon as it clears, all you have to do is deduct the money for the translation and we can so... See more
On September 8, 2021 a scammer "Emerald Conde" via ProZ.com requested translating a report on agriculture from English to Polish. Scammer asked about my rates and did everything to ensure that the case does not look like a scam. Although when it came to payment, he issued paycheck in amount of nearly 5000 USD [which is more than double compared to agreed price] and requested to " deposit the check and as soon as it clears, all you have to do is deduct the money for the translation and we can sort out the difference." Fake check was send by USPS from LA, CA. The police was notified.Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:50
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Patrycja Sep 19, 2021

As the scammer contacted you via Proz you should report it: https://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&type=abuse

Dalia Nour

Patrycja Sorensen
Patrycja Sorensen
United States
Local time: 12:50
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
scammer's details Sep 19, 2021

Scammer reached me by e-mail, using Proz.com messaging system, BUT not being registered as a user. Below I attach details:

subject: [ProZ.com mail] Project Translation

scammer's e-mail: [email protected]

scammer's IP: 212.102.47.30

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BEWARE! English to Polish translation on the agriculture project CHECK SCAM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »