Thread poster: Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga
Javier Arrizabalaga  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 30, 2021

I just want to warn other translators that I'm not a company outsourcing translations services. 4 translators from Proz have contacted me saying they were contacted by two people saying they were my employees and issued invoices to the adresses they were given. That's a scam and if you are contacted by people saying they work for me don't accept that. The issue is being investigated by Interpol. Some of those translators wrote on Proz saying I don't pay invoices. That's completely false cos I ha... See more
I just want to warn other translators that I'm not a company outsourcing translations services. 4 translators from Proz have contacted me saying they were contacted by two people saying they were my employees and issued invoices to the adresses they were given. That's a scam and if you are contacted by people saying they work for me don't accept that. The issue is being investigated by Interpol. Some of those translators wrote on Proz saying I don't pay invoices. That's completely false cos I have never outsourced a translation service and have no employees. They were scammed and/or are the scammers behind a proz profile. Watch out.Collapse

Mohamad Alayoubi
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Mr. Satan (X)
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Thayenga

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:58
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Thanks for warning us! Oct 1, 2021

How very annoying, Javier - another form of identity theft.

But thank you very much for warning us - and these scammers might grab other identities as well, so once again we are reminded of the need for due diligence.

Mr. Satan (X)

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:58
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Javier Oct 1, 2021

From what you say I suppose you are not connected to Arrieli Translations. In that case, you should ask Proz.com to delete the BB affiliation...

Mr. Satan (X)
Yolanda Broad

Javier Arrizabalaga
Spain
Member (2009)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Somebody is scamming translators Oct 1, 2021

@Teresa, I did not create the profile in Proz, I created my profile with my name and surnames. The company profile was created by those people. The name Arrieli Translations was just the commercial name I gave to the person that created the website. The incredible fact is that the scammed people have refused to resend me the original mail with what they got first contacted.

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Why you? Oct 1, 2021

Any idea? Did you make bitter enemies who wish to set you up?

Do you have an extremely prolific online presence elsewhere that would lead people to think at first glance that you would be outsourcing like that?

[Edited at 2021-10-01 11:13 GMT]

Liviu-Lee Roth

Javier Arrizabalaga
Spain
Member (2009)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Somebody is scamming translators Oct 1, 2021

@adieu

I am never online. The scammers posted jobs on Translators Café and they scammed the people who worked for them. One of the victims sent me the emails to know the way they scammed people. I have no enemies.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:58
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
@ Javier Oct 14, 2021

Javier Arrizabalaga wrote:
The incredible fact is that the scammed people have refused to resend me the original mail with what they got first contacted.

Maybe these allegedly scammed people are the scammers themselves, and consequently refuse to send you the initial contact email.

At least this was my first thought upon reading your words. So maybe these people are trying to harm your reputation.

[Edited at 2021-10-14 14:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Somebody is scamming translators

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »