Andras Szekany  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:00
Member (2007)
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hi and thanks to everybody Nov 24, 2009

because I see, there are people "out there" ready to help.

I would like to mention two issues:

I found out in the meantime, what was wrong with my Satellite. I had basically the problem, not getting the partly translated segments. Hm.

Maybe somebody gets a hint or idea from this, so I write it, how it was: I have a HD with 200 G partitioned in two. On one half I have XP running, on the other half win7 64. I installed Satellite first under win7. With the i
... See more
because I see, there are people "out there" ready to help.

I would like to mention two issues:

I found out in the meantime, what was wrong with my Satellite. I had basically the problem, not getting the partly translated segments. Hm.

Maybe somebody gets a hint or idea from this, so I write it, how it was: I have a HD with 200 G partitioned in two. On one half I have XP running, on the other half win7 64. I installed Satellite first under win7. With the installation no problem reported. And by starting the job, I got no segments and paniced and opened this blog (or what). After some bitter thinking I installed Satellite under XP and see, it runs.

To Satellite itself (after getting back the cool face): it is of course a free tool and provides everything you may expect for free (the agency has the other half, they earn - or loose - that part, which you dont). Since you may not see formatting, and the segmentation is also a bit cranky, you absolutely need to check your finished text - exported from Transit by your agency. This requires a good cooperation with them.

The second issue is the hardware. I have today a kind of powerhouse (i7 on ASUS) (tomorrow it is going to be a crap too) and also Satellite is happy to run on it. Much more than I remember from before. That is, there is no free lunch, you pay on either way something.

Be good.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

hi, I use transit satellite PE 3 - build 267 too, but am unhappy

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »