ODBC link to RAM disk
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 5, 2012

No time to respond to my prior question about databases, yet. But I'll come back on this topic!

In the meantime a new question became urgent:

When I store an Access term base in a RAM disk (at the Mac side when running Transit in Parallels), how can I make sure that the ODBC connection to that particular term base is kept alive when I have to reboot Windows?

The RAM drive is still available and WinXP reconnects to this drive on boot. The MDB file is there,
... See more
No time to respond to my prior question about databases, yet. But I'll come back on this topic!

In the meantime a new question became urgent:

When I store an Access term base in a RAM disk (at the Mac side when running Transit in Parallels), how can I make sure that the ODBC connection to that particular term base is kept alive when I have to reboot Windows?

The RAM drive is still available and WinXP reconnects to this drive on boot. The MDB file is there, it is just the link to the dictionary that is lost ...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ODBC link to RAM disk

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »