Thread poster: World Translation
World Translation
World Translation
Denmark
Local time: 00:02
German to English
Nov 29, 2013

Hi

Can anyone help me with a Macro in Transit NXT?

I want to create a Macro in order to
- adjust the settings of the "Format Check" window
- start the Format check
with only one keystroke.

I know how to record Macros in Transit NXT, but I must be doing something wrong, since when I play the Macro afterwards, Transit inserts all the keys I have pressed during recording (tabs and spaces and so on) into the document.

This is the
... See more
Hi

Can anyone help me with a Macro in Transit NXT?

I want to create a Macro in order to
- adjust the settings of the "Format Check" window
- start the Format check
with only one keystroke.

I know how to record Macros in Transit NXT, but I must be doing something wrong, since when I play the Macro afterwards, Transit inserts all the keys I have pressed during recording (tabs and spaces and so on) into the document.

This is the Macro (done with the English user interface; I get the same result if I record the Macro with the German UI, where there partially are other keys):

Any tips?

Regards
Marion
Collapse

wotswot
wotswot  Identity Verified
France
Member (2011)
French to English
Format check macro Nov 29, 2013

Can't see your macro, maybe a display problem in Proz.

Here's mine, assigned to Ctrl-F7 (in the English user interface):

(ALT_KEY)(R)(F)(C)

NB: replace ( with the "less than" sign and ) with the "greater than" sign (not showing in Proz)

This simply runs the format check from the cursor.

I don't know what you mean by "adjust the settings of the Format check window".

[Edited at 2013-11-29 10:48 GMT]

World Translation
World Translation
Denmark
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Format check settings Nov 29, 2013

Hi - thanks, will try this.
With regard to the Format Checker settings, I mean the part where you define which checks you want to run (e.g. double words, double space etc.). I don't want to check/uncheck the boxes each time I have a new project...

wotswot
France
Member (2011)
French to English
Format check settings Nov 29, 2013

OK I understand. But if you always use the same settings, wouldn't it be better to do this in a project template? It gets messy doing this kind of thing with macros. And that's what project templates are there for! (to store your preferred settings)

Tip: name your project template A(......). That way it'll always appear at the top of the dropdown list next to the first option (Create new project using template:) in the Create new project dialog.

I only ever use my cus
... See more
OK I understand. But if you always use the same settings, wouldn't it be better to do this in a project template? It gets messy doing this kind of thing with macros. And that's what project templates are there for! (to store your preferred settings)

Tip: name your project template A(......). That way it'll always appear at the top of the dropdown list next to the first option (Create new project using template:) in the Create new project dialog.

I only ever use my custom template (which I've named A_RichardGlobal), but if you need to use other templates in the said list (I can't think why), make sure you adjust their settings (Project, Template, Modify) once and for all.

Then you can use my macro (Ctrl-F7) to run your format check with one keystroke (or rather one key combination).

Richard
Collapse

World Translation
World Translation
Denmark
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Format check settings Dec 2, 2013

Dear Richard,

thanks, you are of course right - we do this, too. But we get quite a lot of ready-made Transit projects from our customers - so they send us prepared PPF files. And they don't always bother to adjust the format checker settings...

wotswot
France
Member (2011)
French to English
Format check Dec 2, 2013

OK, what a pain! ("they don't always bother to adjust the format checker settings").

It's easy to display the Project settings dialog - (ALT_KEY)(P)(E). But then the problem is to access the Format Check tab with the keyboard (as Transit macros don't handle mouse clicks). When the Project settings dialog comes up, it defaults to the Languages tab. You then have to press Ctrl-Tab eight times to display the Format check tab!

You can try recording it (but in my experience
... See more
OK, what a pain! ("they don't always bother to adjust the format checker settings").

It's easy to display the Project settings dialog - (ALT_KEY)(P)(E). But then the problem is to access the Format Check tab with the keyboard (as Transit macros don't handle mouse clicks). When the Project settings dialog comes up, it defaults to the Languages tab. You then have to press Ctrl-Tab eight times to display the Format check tab!

You can try recording it (but in my experience it's better to have a good understanding of the macro syntax and write it yourself, as the recording function isn't always very reliable, in particular for key combinations).

Here is the complete macro, which works fine for me (I've assigned it to Ctrl-Shift-F7):

(ALT_KEY)(P)(E)(CTRL_TAB)(CTRL_TAB)(CTRL_TAB)(CTRL_TAB)(CTRL_TAB)(CTRL_TAB)(CTRL_TAB)(CTRL_TAB)

NB: replace ( with the "less than" sign and ) with the "greater than" sign (which Proz sees as html tags)

Richard

[Edited at 2013-12-02 11:33 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Makros in Transit NXT

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »