Leon Hunter  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 06:17
Członek ProZ.com
od 2005

hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Hotels with WiFi, preferably free Apr 9, 2007

I would be interested in finding out which hotels have WiFi guaranteed, preferably free and with a wide cover range (i.e. - available in and outside rooms too).

I read in the conference information that the hotel the conference is taking place at has WiFi, but then it said something about buying access codes.

I am particularly concerned about this point as recently I stayed at a hotel in Tenerife with WiFi and coverage was partial and the WiFi vouchers were charged at 5
... See more
I would be interested in finding out which hotels have WiFi guaranteed, preferably free and with a wide cover range (i.e. - available in and outside rooms too).

I read in the conference information that the hotel the conference is taking place at has WiFi, but then it said something about buying access codes.

I am particularly concerned about this point as recently I stayed at a hotel in Tenerife with WiFi and coverage was partial and the WiFi vouchers were charged at 5 euros per 10 minutes, in other words a rip-off.

It's worth spending more on a hotel if you get all the business freebies included.

Thank you!

Leon Hunter
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Węgry
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > węgierski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
There will be unlimited wifi access in Hotel Benczúr Apr 9, 2007

I made a special deal with Hungary's key ISP that operates a hotspot in this hotel. Normally, hotel guests can access the wifi network by purchasing access cards at the reception. Such cards are valid for 1, 5 or 24 hours.
The special deal with the ISP is that they will not require any access codes for their wifi network during the conference, i.e. April 29th and 30th. Actually, as the price is not prohibitive, I will probably include April 28th as well. Conference participants will not ha
... See more
I made a special deal with Hungary's key ISP that operates a hotspot in this hotel. Normally, hotel guests can access the wifi network by purchasing access cards at the reception. Such cards are valid for 1, 5 or 24 hours.
The special deal with the ISP is that they will not require any access codes for their wifi network during the conference, i.e. April 29th and 30th. Actually, as the price is not prohibitive, I will probably include April 28th as well. Conference participants will not have to pay for this access on these days, in other words, wifi access is included in the conference fee.
I told the ISP that there may be up to 100 notebook users, so they will broaden the bandwidth for the duration of the conference.

As for other hotels, I have no information. I know wifi is available in most 4 and 5 star establishments, but it does not come as a standard service at moderately priced hotels.

Free wifi access is also provided by a rapidly growing number of cafés around the town. A notable exemple is Liszt Ferenc tér, a pedestrian zone at about 15 minutes walking distance from Hotel Benczúr, where all cafés and restaurants offer free wifi and it's also accessible from the benches in the park.
Collapse

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Trying to attend Apr 12, 2007

I am attempting to book a room for the conference. My attendence will hinge on my success here.

So far, Hotel Benczur tells me they have no rooms left.

I am waiting for a response from Hotel Delibab.

Are there any other recommendations for hotels that are within 10-15 minutes walking (with WiFi if at all possible)?

Is there anyone with a room at Hotel Benczur who would like to cut their expenses in half by having me stay with them in their room
... See more
I am attempting to book a room for the conference. My attendence will hinge on my success here.

So far, Hotel Benczur tells me they have no rooms left.

I am waiting for a response from Hotel Delibab.

Are there any other recommendations for hotels that are within 10-15 minutes walking (with WiFi if at all possible)?

Is there anyone with a room at Hotel Benczur who would like to cut their expenses in half by having me stay with them in their room?
Collapse

nocciola
nocciola  Identity Verified
Niemcy
angielski
+ ...
Searching for a roommate for 27th & 28th April Apr 18, 2007

Hello everyone

I am arriving on Thursday night, 27th April. Is there anyone else arriving so early who wouldn't mind sharing their room with me on Thursday and Friday?

Hazel Britton
(coming from Stuttgart)

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Niemcy
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
Half a room in Hotel Benczur (conference hotel) available Apr 22, 2007

Hi everyone,

I booked a double room with 2 beds and a bath (77 Euros for the room / night incl. breakfast buffet) in the Hotel Benczur and will now be there alone (female), so I have half a room for a single person willing to share for 4 nights (April 27 - May 1).

Looking forward to seeing you all there and to my first visit to Budapest!

Woodstock

Woodstock (X)
Niemcy
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
Share hotel room in conference hotel for 3 nights 28, 29, 30 April Apr 23, 2007

Hi,

In the meantime I have a person for Friday night to share the room, but am still looking for someone who is interested in sharing this room with bath, incl. breakfast for 77 Euros /room/night with me from Sat - Mon night, departure Tue.

Ellinor / Woodstock

kyoko oyama
kyoko oyama  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:17
angielski > japoński
+ ...
Sharing the room Apr 24, 2007

Hi,
Is the room sharing still available?
I am coming from Japan and booked the room at Ibis from 4/27-5/2 but I prefer much the room at conference site.
Could you let me know?
Kyoko Oyama
Woodstock wrote:

Hi,

In the meantime I have a person for Friday night to share the room, but am still looking for someone who is interested in sharing this room with bath, incl. breakfast for 77 Euros /room/night with me from Sat - Mon night, departure Tue.

Ellinor / Woodstock

Woodstock (X)
Niemcy
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
Room is no longer available Apr 25, 2007

Woodstock wrote:

Hi,

Ellinor / Woodstock

This opportunity is no longer available.

kyoko oyama
kyoko oyama  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:17
angielski > japoński
+ ...
Hotel Ibis now available Apr 25, 2007

I have just canceled the room at Ibis on 4/28-4/30, due to the room share offered on this date. If there is anyone still looking for the room, try to contact the Hotel Ibis.

[Edited at 2007-04-25 10:59]

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
I have arrived Apr 26, 2007

I just got to Budapest yesterday. I am currently staying in Hotel Ibis which is about 10-15 minutes walking from the conference venue. I still would much prefer to stay at Hotel Benczur, but I guess those are the breaks.

I have an extra bed in my room so if anyone wants to share expenses let me know.

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3 4]

Do tego forum nie został przydzielony moderator.
W celu zgłoszenia naruszenia zasad forum lub zasięgnięcia pomocy, proszę kontaktować się z personelem portalu »

Budapest Conference 2007 - Accommodation Forum

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »