匈牙利
Local time: 07:18
正式会员 (自2002)
English英语译成Hungarian匈牙利语
+ ...
Nov 30, 2006

Updated March 2
----------------------------------------------------

Hotel Benczúr is now sold out. The hotel has to retain a number of rooms available for a central booking system. If these rooms are still not taken about a week before the conference date, they will return to the hotel's disposal. Also, if any conference participant cancels his/her room, it will be again available for us.

-----------------------------------------

For upda
... See more
Updated March 2
----------------------------------------------------

Hotel Benczúr is now sold out. The hotel has to retain a number of rooms available for a central booking system. If these rooms are still not taken about a week before the conference date, they will return to the hotel's disposal. Also, if any conference participant cancels his/her room, it will be again available for us.

For updated hotel info (as of April 13th), please see the main conference page

Conference dates: April 29 and 30, 2007.

Conference venue: Hotel Benczúr, near Heroes' Square

Hotel website

The hotel and conference venue is ideally located just a few blocks away from grandiose Heroes' Square, and a 10-15 min walk (or 3 stops on the continent's oldest underground line) from the city's most favourite bar district.

This is a 3-star hotel with reasonable prices. All other hotels that can accomodate a conference of this size are 4 or 5 star establishments, with much higher rates for rooms, conference facilities and catering.
Several conference rooms, the largest one with a maximum seating capacity of 280. The hotel also has a terrace, a small garden, an outdoor wine bar and a parking area. Wifi access. Excellent cuisine.

-------------------------------------------

The hotel 153 rooms, but they have to reserve 33 rooms for a central booking system. If any of the rooms are still available 7 days before the actual, they will be released to the hotel's disposal again.

-----------------------------------

You can book similarly priced rooms in a nearby hotel. One such hotel is Hotel Délibáb, just two blocks away. They still have a few rooms left for the conference weekend. If you book through their website, the price is EUR 49 for a single, 57 for a double/twin and 73 for a triple.
Another similar hotel, just a few hundred meters away in the same street, is Radio Inn, right in the middle of the diplomatic area. Now they reserved 10 fully-equipped apartments for participants of our conference. These apartments are priced at EUR 77 per room, plus EUR 8 for breakfast per person. All rooms have a fully-equipped kitchen, where guests are allowed to cook. There's a large supermarket about 4 blocks away. You can reserve rooms by sending an email to the hotel

-----------------------------------

I managed to secure 30 rooms in Hotel Ibis Váci út. These rooms will be available for booking until March 28th. Single rooms will cost EUR 59, doubles EUR 67, including all taxes and breakfast. This hotel is in a dull area (office buildings), but very well connected. There is a metro station right there, and a direct transport link to Hotel Benczúr by trolley bus, which takes about 10 minutes. Reserve a room by sending an email to the hotel, indicating the type of room you need, as well as the period.

------------------------------------

Alternatively, you may want to find other type of accommodation, e.g. apartment rental:
http://www.homelidays.com/EN-Holidays-Rental/100_Home/Home.asp?

------------------------------------
Trivia:
Hotel Benczúr is named after a street of the same name. The street itself is named after Gyula Benczúr, a Hungarian historicist painter.
http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benczúr_Gyula
http://hungart.euroweb.hu/english/b/benczur/index.html

Please use this forum for ACCOMMODATION related discussion.

CONFERENCE PAGE
Conference powwow page

Travel Forum
Fun Events Forum
Conference Program Forum
Trados Training Session Forum
Deja Vu Training Session Forum
ATA Exam Forum

----------------------------------

[Edited at 2007-04-13 11:32]
Collapse

Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
波兰
Advance payment for a hotel? Nov 30, 2006

Hello,

That is not according to the EU guidelines...

Dear Csaba - could you help me with one matter: what is the name of the city district where the hotel is located (in case of seacrching for alternative accomodation nearby)?

Thanks in advance

Piotr

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
德国
German德语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
纪念
@Piotr! Nov 30, 2006

Hi Piotr!

I do not know the name of the district but it seems to be the 6th. in "Pest". As per hotel description it is the embassies district...

That's all I have found out by now.

But, why do you say the advance payment is not according to EU-Guidelines??? I know many hotels doing that...

Many greetings,
Helena

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
匈牙利
正式会员 (自2002)
English英语译成Hungarian匈牙利语
+ ...
主题发起人
Hotel location Nov 30, 2006

Follow this link to find the hotel's location:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&t=h&z=17&ll=47.511251,19.076375&spn=0.005123,0.009549

(Copy the entire link, delete the section in brackets, then paste in the URL field of your browser. I'm sorry I cannot find a better solution now to show this link.)

... See more
Follow this link to find the hotel's location:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&t=h&z=17&ll=47.511251,19.076375&spn=0.005123,0.009549

(Copy the entire link, delete the section in brackets, then paste in the URL field of your browser. I'm sorry I cannot find a better solution now to show this link.)

The hotel is the middle of this map, at the intersection of Benczúr utca and Benczúr köz.

You can easily zoom out by dragging the slider down.

Heroes' Square and the City Park are to the North, just two blocks away, while the city centre is to the South-West, about 2 kms away.

-------------------------------------------

Most hotels (anywhere in Europe, or indeed, the world) charge the entire amount in advance, this one would only charge half of the expected amount in advance, the rest to be paid upon departure.

Csaba

[Módosítva: 2006-11-30 15:14]

[Módosítva: 2006-11-30 15:16]
Collapse

Piotr Wargan
Piotr Wargan  Identity Verified
波兰
Hi Helena, hi Csaba, Nov 30, 2006

Thank you for the info,

Last time I was in Budapest in 1989, so I need a new city map

About this advance payment thing:
but seriuosly - I have seen some EU rules saying that taking payment for accomodation in advance should not be done. Could be that my knowledge is out of date anyway ...

Bye,

Piotr

Csaba Ban
匈牙利
正式会员 (自2002)
English英语译成Hungarian匈牙利语
+ ...
主题发起人
City map Nov 30, 2006

BTW, a free city map will be probably included in the conference package.

If you plan to some spend more time in Budapest/Hungary, a guidebook will be useful.

Cs.

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
法国
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
Do we have to book accomodation that early ? Dec 1, 2006

Call me an optimist, but I planned to book only end of January . Do you think it will be too late ?

Csaba Ban
匈牙利
正式会员 (自2002)
English英语译成Hungarian匈牙利语
+ ...
主题发起人
You don't HAVE to, but you CAN Dec 1, 2006

The prices indicated above will be valid until the end of January. After that, all rates will be 10 euros higher.

As I mentioned before, there are two similarly priced, although smaller hotels just a block away. If Hotel Benczúr fills up early, I will publish booking info for the other two hotels as well.

For longer stays (a week or more), you may try homelidays.com as suggested by Mats.

Cs.

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
智利
Local time: 01:18
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
+ ...
Two years ago... Dec 6, 2006

... I stayed at the Yellow Submarine. Somehow, I doubt that's the kinf of accommodation you are looking for

Heh, I just butted in to say I wish I could take part in this event and visit Budapest again... gorgeous city! It is honestly the place where my dearest backpacker memories were made

Irene N
Irene N
美国
Local time: 00:18
English英语译成Russian俄语
+ ...
Seems like a good alternative option Dec 27, 2006

http://www.hoteltelnet.hu/en/hotelibisvaciut/#hotel_priselist

Csaba, do I understand correctly that Ibis Vaci is not only on the right side (Pest), but also fairly close to the conference location and the prime hotel?

Thank you!
Irene

Csaba Ban
匈牙利
正式会员 (自2002)
English英语译成Hungarian匈牙利语
+ ...
主题发起人
Hotel Ibis Dec 27, 2006

Being on the same side of the river does not mean much, as Pest itself is huge. Well, Hotel Ibis Vaci ut (formerly Hotel Volga) and Hotel Benczur are not VERY far away, but still means at least 2 kilometers, or about 5 stops by public transport (there is a direct line between the two). The prices at Ibis are not that much lower, but of course there is nothing preventing you from booking into any hotel you like.

I think it is worth the extra few euros to have your room right abov
... See more
Being on the same side of the river does not mean much, as Pest itself is huge. Well, Hotel Ibis Vaci ut (formerly Hotel Volga) and Hotel Benczur are not VERY far away, but still means at least 2 kilometers, or about 5 stops by public transport (there is a direct line between the two). The prices at Ibis are not that much lower, but of course there is nothing preventing you from booking into any hotel you like.

I think it is worth the extra few euros to have your room right above the conference venue, not to mention the fact that Benczur is in a much nicer area of the town that is also closer to some major attractions.

When choosing the site, I was also considering Ibis, but it does not have as good conference facilities as Benczur, and it is also in a rather drab part of town.

(I do not get any commission from Benczur, it is just a better option I think)
Collapse

Roman Bulkiewicz
Roman Bulkiewicz  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:18
正式会员 (自2004)
English英语译成Ukrainian乌克兰语
+ ...
Ibis / Volga Dec 27, 2006

Yes, it's about 15-20 min walking distance from the Heroes' Square, and yes, kind of a "drabbish" area. Located on a busy square/crossroads, as far as I remember. Been there about 4 years ago.

....Budapest, end of April, you say? Hm-m-m......

IreneN wrote:

http://www.hoteltelnet.hu/en/hotelibisvaciut/#hotel_priselist

Csaba, do I understand correctly that Ibis Vaci is not only on the right side (Pest), but also fairly close to the conference location and the prime hotel?

Thank you!
Irene

Irene N
Irene N
美国
Local time: 00:18
English英语译成Russian俄语
+ ...
Thank you, Csaba and Roman Dec 29, 2006

Csaba Ban wrote:

I think it is worth the extra few euros to have your room right above the conference venue

Absolutely! I guess "alternative" was a poor choice of words - I meant "additional". This is why I have native editors in a 100% of into English cases:-)

I only suggested the possible option for those who might be late booking the prime hotel or for whatever other reasons. I figured the location and the price are close to the main premises. Ibis Roissy in Paris CDG, for example, is not so bad at all for the price so I've decided to mention it here and wait for the editor to correct me if I'm wrong:-). So you did. Thank you!

I have already sent a request to book my room at Hotel Benczur:-) No answer so far but holidays might be on the way. I'm not worried yet.

See ya'll there,
Irene

eirinn
eirinn  Identity Verified
加拿大
Local time: 01:18
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
The Venue hotel Dec 29, 2006

seems to be booked out already.

I double checked with them to be sure that they understood I was coming at the Proz.com conference, and I was told each time that they have no free rooms.

Or maybe they have a limited number of single rooms, but in any case, I wasn't offered an alternative.

[Edited at 2006-12-29 14:50]

Csaba Ban
匈牙利
正式会员 (自2002)
English英语译成Hungarian匈牙利语
+ ...
主题发起人
I'll talk to them tomorrow Dec 29, 2006

I am shocked to hear this from many people. I was reassured several times by hotel management that the entire hotel is reserved for us for that particular weekend. I will talk to them tomorrow to make sure they accept bookings.

Csaba

话题中的页数:   [1 2 3 4] >

本论坛没有专门指派版主。
如需报告网站违规或寻求帮助,请联系网站工作人员 »

Budapest Conference 2007 - Accommodation Forum

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »