"Translation Extract" - any way to get statistics?
Thread poster: Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:43
German to Lithuanian
Aug 5, 2012

Report Manager doesn't show any statistics for projects, created as translation extracts.
(Both in XV and NXT).

The client (not a direct one) only provides translation extracts for translation - there is nothing I can do.

Any suggestions to export such projects and to create normal ones with statistics?

I want to be able to see my progress during translation and to know the word-count for invoicing.

msoutopico
msoutopico  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:43
English to Galician
+ ...
add the extract as a source file Aug 5, 2012

Perhaps you don't have statistics because the translation extract doesn't count as a file of the project. Perhaps you could get statistics if you go to Project settings and you add the extract as a source file. You would need to select "All files" so that Transit file browsing dialog sees the EXTR file.

Cheers from Chennai
Manuel

Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:43
German to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU! Aug 5, 2012

Dear Manuel,

thank you so much, it works!

Greeting from Lithuania

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Translation Extract" - any way to get statistics?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »